Boston

Staff rescue animals from serious Boston garden centre fire

A severe fire that spread at the back of a garden centre in Boston has been resolved with no casualties.

Johnsons of Boston garden centre caught fire on Sunday, April 5 but luckily left nobody hurt. All the pets at the centre were also safe.

It is unclear what initially caused the flames, but it is believed to be a gas bottle explosion at Boston Aquatics & Pets, based in the garden centre.

Brave staff members put themselves at risk to get the animals out of danger before the emergency services arrived.

Lincolnshire Police’s Boston drone was on the scene of the fire and captured this footage.

Boston’s fire and rescue station were on call to diffuse the situation, extinguishing the fire quickly to avoid any further damage.

The centre has confirmed that it will be open as usual today (Monday, April 6) for essential shopping, such as groceries and pet supplies, but the garden centre itself and restaurant will remain closed.

In a Facebook post, Johnsons of Boston said that despite the fire being serious, there’s no damage to stock or the food hall.

Spotted an error? Please notify us by selecting that text and pressing Ctrl+Enter.