Tattershall

Tattershall man dies from fumes in chip pan fire

This story is over

A Tattershall man has died from fumes after a chip pan fire took hold of his home.

Lincolnshire Fire and Rescue said crews attended reports of a fire on Tuesday before finding the man’s body.

Investigators are still trying to determine when the fire took place and said that it had eventually self-extinguished.

A spokesperson for the fire service said: “Our thoughts are with his friends and family at this difficult time.

“Our community fire safety team will be in the area offering support and advice for local residents early next week.”

Lincolnshire Reporter approached Lincolnshire Police for a comment but received no reply by the time of publication.

Spotted an error? Please notify us by selecting that text and pressing Ctrl+Enter.