Desperate appeal after family loses everything in house fire

A young family from Sutton on Sea has made a desperate plea for help after they lost all of their belongings and even their cat in a house fire.

James and April Hall were luckily out with their kids when the blaze took hold of their seaside home at around 8am on Saturday, October 19.

Some people have already been rallying around the young family by offering up clothes and toys for their children Liam, Jack, Lachlan and Jessica.

Their neighbour heard the fire alarm and called Lincolnshire Fire and Rescue but after just 20 minutes, the family said the damage was horrendous.

April and James Hall.

April’s sister Hayley Stevens has been trying to help them get back on their feet and told Lincolnshire Reporter how they have lost so many precious memories in the blaze.

She said: “They think that it was started by the tumble dryer but it was not even on at the time. They are very shaken up and very confused about what has happened.

“It is one of those things where you see it in the news but you never think that it will happen to you.

“We have been amazed to see how the community has really come together. They have been so generous by donating shoes and clothes in their time of need.”

The fire ripped through the house.

Anyone who would like to help out the family can do so by sending an email to Hayley by clicking or tapping here.

The family is currently living in a caravan and will be moving into more permanent accommodation next week. It’s hoped that they can move back into their old home in four months.

Lincolnshire Fire and Rescue confirmed that they attended a kitchen fire at around 8.50am.

A spokesperson said: “Crews from Mablethorpe, Alford, Skegness and Spilsby attended to extinguish the fire. They left at 10.13am.”

Spotted an error? Please notify us by selecting that text and pressing Ctrl+Enter.