Boston

Man named and charged over Boston ‘machete’ incident

A 22-year-old man has been named and charged by police with offences including making threats to kill after a ‘machete’ incident in Boston.

As previously reported, officers were called to a car park in Wide Bargate in Boston at 9.38am on August 7 to reports of a man with a weapon.

A 22-year-old man was detained under the Mental Health Act in connection with the incident, just days after being released under investigation for affray.

John Adams Way was closed while officers pursued the man who was later tasered and arrested in the incident in which “no member of the public was injured”, police said.

The man has since been named as Przemyslaw Kuziel, 22, of no fixed address. He has been charged with the following in connection with the incident:

  • Affray
  • Attempted GBH
  • Three counts of criminal damage
  • Possession of an offensive weapon
  • Making threats to kill

Prior to the this he was previously arrested for affray after an incident on Spilsby Road on Sunday, August 4 before being released under investigation.

Kuziel has now been remanded in custody after appearing at Lincoln Magistrates’ Court on August 13.  His next court appearance is scheduled for September 16 at Lincoln Crown Court.

Due to the serious injury sustained by the offender in the incident police made a mandatory referral to the Independent Office of Police Conduct.

At the time Boston MP Matt Warman said the incident was “deeply concerning” and he recognises “the fears it will raise amongst local residents”.