Developers want to demolish the former headquarters of a local Sleaford newspaper to make way for housing.
Applicant JCO Developments has applied to North Kesteven District Council to build six houses instead of the current offices at 28-30 Handley Street.
The offices were formerly the base for the Sleaford Standard which left the premises and moved into the Sleaford Station Business Centre in June 2013.
The building has stood empty since the move.
The town’s Standard was founded in 1924.
The applicants state: “It is considered that the proposals provide an opportunity to deliver townscape improvements and will enhance the setting of a non-designated heritage asset.
“ There are no significant adverse impacts considered to arise from the proposal, including the loss of employment use, that would significantly and demonstrably outweigh the benefits of the additional housing and the physical regeneration of this key opportunity site in the centre of Sleaford.”
In their application, JCO also mention a series of brick structures on the south of the site which are already partially collapsed.
The new terraced houses to be built will also be two bedroomed and will include gardens to the rear and a “communal landscaped space” to the front.
Each house will also get one car parking space.
SUBSCRIBE TO LOCAL DEMOCRACY WEEKLY, our exclusive email newsletter with highlights from coverage every week, as well as insights and analysis from our local democracy reporters.