Nine men have been charged with burglary offences at shops, venues and businesses in North East Lincolnshire. Two have been thrown behind bars.
A total of 13 people were arrested by Humberside Police after a number of firms across the borough were broken into.
Detective Sergeant Tom Kelly said: “Of those, we have charged nine, two have been jailed, one has been given a community order and the remaining six are due before court in the coming weeks.
“However, we don’t plan to stop there. We know that owners and staff invest a great deal of time, money and energy into businesses in our area, so it has a huge impact when someone breaks in and steals or causes damage and that’s why it’s important to us to find these people and put them before the courts.”
Charges and sentences
- Shaun Parker, 30, of St Peter’s Avenue in Cleethorpes was jailed for 36 weeks and ordered to pay a £115 victim’s surcharge. He admitted breaking into a St Peter’s Avenue food store on April 19 with intent to steal, breaking into a DIY store off Peaks Parkway and stealing drills on November 30 and December 1, as well as four counts of shop theft
- Michael Winchester, 33, of no fixed abode, was jailed for eight weeks and ordered to pay a £115 victim’s surcharge. He admitted stealing perfume from a store in Freshney Place on February 19, along with six further counts of shop theft
- Mark Gibson, 37, of Tivoli Gardens, Grimsby, was given a six month community rehabilitation order with a drug rehabilitation order. He was ordered to pay £400 compensation after admitting to stealing a TV from a community building in Freeman Street
- Christian Willoughby, 37, of Salacon Way, Grimsby, admitted one count of burglary, three counts of theft, two counts of fraud and one of stealing a car on May 12. He will be sentenced at Grimsby Crown Court on June 21
- Dean Bellamy, 33, of Rutland Street, Grimsby, is charged with breaking into a Victoria Street furniture store and stealing lamps on April 14 and breaking into a DIY store off Peaks Parkway with intent to steal on May 29. He was due to appear before Grimsby Magistrates on Thursday, May 30
- Shane Edwards, 30, of Grafton Street, Grimsby, is charged with breaking into a social club on Responso Avenue on March 24. He was bailed to first appear before Grimsby Magistrates Court on May 28
- Liam James, 26, of Duncombe Street, Grimsby, is charged with breaking into a reception area of a hostel with intent to steal and criminal damage on April 23. He was due to appear before Grimsby Magistrates Court on April 24
- Sean Bunce, 38, of Elsenham Road, Grimsby, is charged with breaking into a Grimsby pub and stealing cash. He is due to appear at Grimsby Magistrates Court on July 5
- Benjamin Tuck, of Kings Street, Market Rasen, is charged with breaking into a store in west St Mary’s Gate during the night of April 28. He is bailed to appear before Grimsby Magistrates Court on August 1.