Drivers in North East Lincolnshire will face disruption and road closures due to a series of roadworks taking place in February and March.
A series of road defects will undergo repairs starting next week. Structural repairs are required when a number of layers which make up the road construction have failed.
The repair involves removing the failed layers of road and replacing with new tarmac layers.
Buses services affected during the works will be diverted. Advanced notices will be displayed on the buses and bus stops affected.
The works are part of a programme of structural repairs being carried out by North East Lincolnshire Council’s regeneration partner ENGIE.
Series of roadworks
The roadworks will take place in the following locations:
- Thoroughfare between the A18 and the local authority boundary. Daytime road closure between 7.30am and 6pm starting on Monday, February 25 for five days.
- Cleethorpes – Brereton Avenue between Combe Street and Ward Street. Daytime road closure between 7.30am and 5.30pm starting on Wednesday, February 27 for two days.
- Grimsby – Bargate between Dudley Street and Scartho Road. Nighttime road closure between 7pm and 6am starting on Monday, March 4 for five nights.
- Waltham – Cheapside between The Drive and the local authority boundary. Nighttime road closure between 7pm and 6am starting on Monday, March 11 for five nights.
- Immingham – Pelham Road Industrial Estate between the A1173 and Pelham Road Industrial Estate. Temporary traffic signals between 7.30am and 6pm starting on Monday, March 11 for five days. There will also be a nighttime road closure between 8pm and 5am for one night on Sunday, March 17.
- Grimsby – Larmour Road between Great Coates Road and 52 Larmour Road. Temporary traffic signals between 7.30am and 6pm starting on Monday, March 18 for four days. There will also be a nighttime road closure between 7pm and 6am for one night on Thursday, March 21.
- Grimsby – Rendel Street between Corporation Road and Adam Smith Street. Nighttime road closure between 7pm and 6am for one night on Friday, March 22.
To allow them to be completed safely all on street parking will be suspended for the duration of the works. Advanced warning signs will be displayed before works start advising of the closure.
Additional February works
ENGIE will also be carrying out road testing on the A180 between Pyewipe Roundabout and Lockhill Roundabout in Grimsby next week.
The testing is required to determine what condition the road is in to support future maintenance and repairs.
A nighttime road closure will be in place on Monday, February 25 between 7pm and 6am to allow the works to be completed safely.
Advanced warning signs will be put out and a signed diversion route in place during the closure.