MPs rejected the prime minister’s Brexit withdrawal agreement with the EU by a margin of 230 votes (total of 432 votes against).
This is the largest defeat for a sitting government in history, prompting a motion of no confidence from Jeremy Corbyn to be debated on Wednesday.
Across Greater Lincolnshire, all Labour Greater Lincolnshire MPs voted against the deal, while Conservative MPs for Cleethorpes and South Holland & The Deepings rebelled and also voted against.
Here is the vote breakdown:
- Lincoln | Karen Lee (Labour) | Against
- Gainsborough | Edward Leigh (Conservative) | For
- Cleethorpes | Martin Vickers (Conservative) | Against
- Grimsby | Melanie Onn (Labour) | Against
- Scunthrope | Nic Dakin (Labour) | Against
- Brigg & Goole | Andrew Percy (Conservative) | For
- Boston & Skegness | Matt Warman (Conservative) | For
- Louth & Horncastle | Victoria Atkins (Conservative) | For
- Grantham & Stamford | Nick Boles (Conservative) |For
- Sleaford & North Hykeham | Caroline Johnson (Conservative) | For
- South Holland & The Deepings | John Hayes (Conservative) | Against
Watch Theresa May’s reaction:
Also watch Jeremy Corbyn announcing his motion of no confidence: