Skegness

Faulty fridge blamed for chippy fire

This story is over

A faulty fridge has been blamed for a fire at a popular Skegness fish and chip shop.

Four fire and rescue crews were sent to Sea View Fisheries on Monday, January 7 with reports of a blaze just before 3:30pm.

Crews cordoned off the chippy while they extinguished the fire, which is believed to have been caused by a faulty fridge.

The blaze caused damaged to around 20% of the property, but nobody was injured.

Spotted an error? Please notify us by selecting that text and pressing Ctrl+Enter.