Skegness

Inquest opened into death of Skegness man

An inquest has opened this week into the death of a 43-year-old man from Skegness.

As previously reported, police found a body on the morning of Saturday, August 11 and believed it to be Gareth Pinder, who was reported missing from Spilsby on August 3.

Police previously said the incident is not being treated as suspicious.

An inquest was opened by coroner P Smith at Lincoln Coroner’s Court during the morning of Monday, September 10, during which his identification and date of birth was confirmed.

A spokesperson for Lincolnshire Coroners Service told Lincolnshire Reporter that the death was confirmed by police on August 11 2018 in West Keal.

The spokesperson said: “The case was opened and adjourned. It has been provisionally listed for six months time on March 21 2019, but this is subject to change.

“The cause of death is unascertained pending further toxicology results.”