Two men who risked their lives to drag a couple out of their flaming vehicle have been recognised for their bravery at an awards evening last night.
Guy Taylor and Adam Carter were on the scene when an elderly couple crashed into a brick wall in Bucknall and sustained serious injuries on September 9, 2016.
Despite seeing smoke coming from the vehicle, the two men approached and saw that Alicia and Francis Bradshaw were struggling to get out.
As the fire began to ignite, Guy and Adam reached into the car to undo the couple’s seatbelts and then took them to safety.
By the time the emergency services arrived on the scene, the car was completely engulfed in flames.
According to the doctor at the scene, the elderly couple would have likely burned to death without the heroic actions of Guy and Adam.
For their quick thinking and bravery, the pair were awarded the Royal Human Society Testimonials on Vellum at the Lincolnshire Police headquarters on Wednesday, September 12.
The heroic pair were among other members of the public and police officers who were recognised at the awards evening.
When Chief Constable Bill Skelly opened the awards evening last night, he said: “We are here tonight to recognise the outstanding achievements of police officers, police staff and members of the public.”
A full list of award recipients has been published on the Lincolnshire Police website:
- Royal Humane Society Testimonials on Vellum; Adam Carter and Guy Taylor
- Royal Humane Society Certificate of Commendation; Martin Keene
- Royal Humane Society Resuscitation Certificate; Wendy Aspinall, Constable Robert Bentley, Detective Constable Georgia McCormack, James Nessa, Stephanie Barrett, Ellie Lane, Darren Peace, Lisa Rundle and Michelle Tyler.
- Certificates of Chief Constable’s Commendation and Royal Humane Society Resuscitation Certificate; Constable David Doe and Constable Tim Farmer
- Certificates of Chief Constable’s Commendation; Detective Constable Samantha Baker
- Long service of 30 years; Richard Burge
- Long service of 20 years; Sally Picker
- Special Constabulary Long Service Medal; Special Sergeant Peter Charles
- Police Long Service and Good Conduct Medals; Constable Joanne Pescador-Smith and Constable David Sharpe