Lincolnshire Fire & Rescue have determined the cause of the large fire which engulfed a field in Brant Broughton on Thursday.
As previously reported, firefighters and police were on scene of the fire on Lincoln Road on Thursday, August 2, which spread quickly through the dry field with waves of smoke rising in the area.
The cause has been confirmed as an overheating combine drive belt.
Brant Broughton, Sleaford and Newark crews attended the standing crop and combine fire, which was extinguished using six hose reels, jets and beaters.
The road was closed at the time as driving in the area was considered dangerous during the incident, but it was later re-opened after the fire was put out.