Overheated shredding machine causes “large” Caythorpe fire

This story is over

Lincolnshire Fire and Rescue rushed to the scene of a “large fire” in Caythorpe overnight after a shredding machine overheated.

The incident on Caythorpe Heath Lane, Caythorpe was reported at 1.47am on Thursday, July 26 due to a fire involving a conveyor belt and an industrial shredding machine and surrounding wood chippings.

Five crews were sent to the scene – two from Sleaford and Grantham and one from Brant Broughton – along with a specialist high pump volume and hose.

Residents in the local area were advised to keep windows and doors closed.

A spokesperson for Lincolnshire Fire & Rescue said: “The crews left the scene after extinguishing the fire, but there will be a re-inspection this morning.”

Spotted an error? Please notify us by selecting that text and pressing Ctrl+Enter.