Scunthorpe

Man due back in court over Scunthorpe murder

A 24-year-old man charged with the murder of 51-year-old Raymond Ward, whose body was found in a disused building in Scunthorpe earlier this month, is due back in court later in the year.

Police previously said the incident which happened on Cliff Gardens in Scunthorpe was believed to be a targeted attack and a post-mortem found the victim suffered a physical attack and was fatally injured.

As previously reported, Dion Levi Hendry of no fixed address was remanded in custody on the charge of murder after hearings at Grimsby and Cleethorpes Magistrates Court (July 16) and Sheffield Crown Court (July 18).

The Hull Crown Court case will be heard again at Sheffield Crown Court later in the year.

A spokesperson for Hull Crown Court told Lincolnshire Reporter that a further case management trial has been set for October 3.

A trial date has been set for December 10.

Humberside Police confirmed to Lincolnshire Reporter a total of five people were arrested in connection with the murder.

The force said: “Two men were released without charge and a further two men have been released on police bail pending further enquiries.”