Man in his 70s severely injured after Mablethorpe fire

A man in his 70s is being treated in hospital for severe injuries after a house fire in Wyberton.

As reported at the time, the elderly casualty was airlifted to hospital on the morning of Wednesday, February 22.

The fire broke out in the rear bedroom of a semi-detached bungalow on The Strand.

Fire crews rushed to the scene as the fire spread to the majority of the property.

The male occupant in his 70s was taken to Queen’s Medical Centre in Nottingham, where he remains at the time of publishing.

His injuries are described as serious.

Lincolnshire Fire and Rescue said there was damage to 100% of the bungalow.

The blaze was extinguished using four hose reels, one main jet and six breathing apparatus.

The cause of the fire is believed to be an electrical fault.

Fire The Strand this morning

Bungalow fire in The Strand this morning. Hope no one was badly injured.

Posted by Mablethorpe Our Town in video and slide shows. on Wednesday, 21 February 2018