Mablethorpe

Man seriously injured: Firefighters battle Mablethorpe house fire

This story is over

Firefighters are dealing with a blaze which has consumed an entire bungalow on The Strand in Mablethorpe.

An elderly man has been airlifted to Queen’s Medical Centre in Nottingham with serious injuries.

Lincolnshire Fire and Rescue have warned residents to keep doors and windows closed due to smoke billowing from the home.

The fire started just before 8.40am on Wednesday, February 21.

Air Ambulance up at Marisco

Posted by Claire Newman on Wednesday, 21 February 2018

At least one neighbouring home has been evacuated due to the height of the fire and concerns over spreading, a Lincolnshire Fire and Rescue spokesperson said.

The fire is believed to have started in a rear bedroom, however this is unconfirmed at the time of writing.

Fire crews are expected to remain on the scene for most of the day.

Five crews were dispatched to deal with the incident from Alford, North Somercotes, Louth, Spilsby and Mablethorpe.

Lincolnshire Police are also on the scene.

— Developing story

The Strand in Mablethorpe. Photo: Google Street View