Elderly man in hospital after Mablethorpe bungalow fire

This story is over

An elderly man has been airlifted to hospital after his bungalow in Mablethorpe caught fire on Wednesday morning.

As previously reported, firefighters were called to a house on The Strand at around 8.34am, and several crews attended as the semi-detached bungalow was engulfed in flames.

It’s believed the fire started in the rear bedroom of the property.

The air ambulance took the man to Queen’s Medical Centre in Nottingham with serious injuries.

His current condition is still unknown.

Fire crews are expected to remain on the scene for most of the day.

Fire The Strand this morning

Bungalow fire in The Strand this morning. Hope no one was badly injured.

Posted by Mablethorpe Our Town in video and slide shows. on Wednesday, 21 February 2018

Spotted an error? Please notify us by selecting that text and pressing Ctrl+Enter.