Louth

Four casualties given oxygen after fire breaks out in Louth kitchen

Four people have been treated for smoke inhalation after a fire at house in Louth.

Crews from Louth and Binbrook were called to the chip pan fire on North Holme Court in the town shortly before 10pm on Sunday, November 19.

Fire damage was caused to the chip pan, with smoke damage to the rest of the kitchen.

Firefighters rescued the occupier of the house, as well as escorting three other casualties from the premises.

Oxygen was given to them for smoke inhalation.

The fire was extinguished using breathing apparatus and a hose reel.

Fire crews have said the cause of the blaze was cooking being left unattended.