Huge tailbacks across Lincolnshire and neighbouring areas are being reported after the fatal crash on the A1 earlier this morning.
The crash between a lorry and car happened on the northbound carriageway at Colsterworth shortly before 1am on Wednesday, October 11.
Lincolnshire Police have said that the crash has caused fatal injuries to those travelling in the car, which is believed to be a number of people.
Two people who were travelling in the lorry have been arrested on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving.
Highways England have confirmed that the southbound carriageway is now open to motorists.
However, the road is not expected to reopen in full until late this afternoon, possibly at around 3 or 4pm at the earliest.
— Nick Rennie (@MeltonTimesNick) October 11, 2017
Here are some of the main routes to avoid:
- There are huge queues in both directions on the A606 between Oakham and Melton Mowbray
- Traffic on the A1 southbound from Great Gonerby past Barrowby is at a standstill
- Grantham town centre in general is struggling, with Dysart Road and Barrowby Road some key areas to avoid
- There is also slow moving traffic on the A607 between Grantham to Melton
- Further east, motorists should expect delays on the A15 around Folkingham, either side of Bourne and north of Market Deeping