A man charged with five offences after crashing into a ditch during a police chase has been jailed for six months.
Car salesman Kevin Smith, 23, of Celery Meadows, Clarborough, failed to stop when requested by officers and drove into a field on Station Road, Sibsey, before crashing the vehicle.
As previously reported, the car tipped over allowing officers to make an arrest.
Smith was charged with five offences, and received a six month sentence at Lincoln Magistrates’ Court on July 27. The offences he was charged with were:
- Driving whilst disqualified
- Failing to provide a specimen for analysis
- Obstructing a constable in their line of duty (He tried to make an escape from custody at Boston Police Station)
- Possession of the class B drug cannabis
- Failing to stop when requested by a constable