Woman taken to hospital with burns after fire in Scunthorpe flat

This story is over

A woman has been taken to hospital after a fire broke out in the ground floor of a flat in Scunthorpe.

Humberside Fire and Rescue were called to the fire on Frodingham Road at 10.20pm on Wednesday, Thursday 8.

Firefighters used three hose reels and six pieces of breathing apparatus to put out the fire in the living room of the flat.

The woman was taken to hospital for a check-up after suffering slight burns to her leg.

Spotted an error? Please notify us by selecting that text and pressing Ctrl+Enter.