Shock and anger as dog put down after eating poison found on Skegness beach

This story is over

A dog has been put to sleep after allegedly eating rat poison found on a beach in Skegness.

The dog is believed to have eaten rat poison, which had ‘purposely’ been planted on Winthorpe beach.

Sadly he had to be put down on Sunday, November 13.

Nade Lang Rutherford originally posted the news on the Skegness Skegness Skegness Facebook page: “[A] warning to all dog owners in Winthorpe.

“My mum’s friend’s dog had to be put to sleep yesterday after picking up and eating poison that was on the beach in Winthorpe.

She is heartbroken.

“The vet said it was definitely rat poison so it’s been done purposely.”

Facebook users have been angered by the distressing news.

Joe Draper said: “This is disgusting – I walk my dogs there every day.”

Caroline Town added: “[It is] horrible to think that people can hurt anyone and anything.

“We were there yesterday morning but didn’t see anything.”

Cas Morgan said: “I don’t think it would hurt to pick up any trash and stuff and bin it, just to be on the safe side and not let this happen to anyone else’s beloved pet family member.”

Spotted an error? Please notify us by selecting that text and pressing Ctrl+Enter.