‘How many more?’ Second dog dies after eating poison found on Skegness beach

This story is over

A second dog has died as a result of consuming poison found on a Skegness beach, prompting the owner to implore Lincolnshire Police to investigate the distressing incidents.

For the second time in as many days, a dog has had to be put down after consuming rat poison found on Winthorpe beach.

In a bid to warn people of the dangers of poison on the beach, Si Rae posted the news on the Skegness Skegness Skegness Facebook page.

He said: “How many more dogs have to die of poisoning before police investigate?

“My dog [Suzie] died last night.”

This comes after Alfie, another dog sadly passed away on Sunday, November 13.

The dog is believed to have eaten rat poison, which had ‘purposely’ been planted on Winthorpe beach.

Facebook users have been put off from visiting the beach.

Charlie Kearn posted on Facebook: “I don’t think I’ll be taking my girl to the beach for a while.”

Kali Chimrian added: “What if kids pick it up? [This] is a police matter.”

Lincolnshire Reporter contacted Lincolnshire Police, who said they have not been made aware of any incidents.

Spotted an error? Please notify us by selecting that text and pressing Ctrl+Enter.