A fire on a freight train between Retford and Doncaster is causing major disruption to services in Lincolnshire.
The fire earlier this afternoon at Rossington has affected trains travelling between Peterborough and Doncaster, with delays expected to run for the rest of the day.
Disruption to services on this stretch of track has been exacerbated by problems with the electricity supply between Peterborough and Grantham.
Trains between these stations may be delayed by up to two hours or cancelled.
Alternative travel options for Grand Central passengers:
- Passengers may use Northern and Virgin Trains East Coast services on reasonable routes
Alternative travel options for Virgin Trains East Coast passengers:
Rail users may use:
- Grand Central services on any reasonable route
- CrossCountry services from Doncaster towards York, Newcastle and Edinburgh
- East Midlands Trains services to and from London St Pancras International
- Northern between Leeds / Wakefield and Retford / Sheffield