Fire crews rescue six dogs, two cats and three people from Friskney blaze

This story is over

Control room call operators were able to help with the rescue of three people, along with six dogs and two cats, from a house fire in Friskney.

The fire began in the early hours of Monday, August 8 on Eaudyke Road.

Lincolnshire Fire and Rescue took a call at around 2.30am and were told people were still inside the building.

Control room operators were able to give fire survival guidance to the callers so ensure they escaped the property safely.

On arrival, fire crews found that everyone was out of the house, which was no longer on fire, but pets were still inside.

Oxygen was administered to three people who suffered from smoke inhalation, while fire crews rescued the animals.

The cause of the fire was believed to be due to an electrical fault in a junction box.

There was severe damage to the electrical junction box and a quantity of paper underneath the kitchen cupboard.

There was severe damage to a 2m x1m of kitchen units and contents.

Damage was also caused by smoke to remainder of kitchen and light damage by smoke to 50% of remainder of the house.

Spotted an error? Please notify us by selecting that text and pressing Ctrl+Enter.