Mablethorpe has been named as the number one coastal destination “on the rise” in a national finding.
Holiday Lettings, part of TripAdvisor, looked at the summer hotspots that are on the rise this summer where Mablethorpe was fourth, with a rise in visitor numbers of 120%.
The list ranks 15 destinations across the UK where holiday bookings have increased in 2017 compared to last year, on a percentage increase.
Spokesperson for Holiday Lettings, Saskia Welman, said: “From our latest statistics, we can see that Mablethorpe is still gaining ground as a holiday destination in demand.
“With its traditional seaside charm and family-friendly atmosphere, it has a winning formula that’s still proving popular with our users.
“More and more travellers are seeing the advantages of rental accommodation as an alternative to traditional hotel stays.
“More space, more privacy, the freedom of feeling at home… and they offer unbeatable value, too.”
Below is the full list with the percentage increase in visitors:
- Cowal Peninsula, Argyll and Bute – 231%
- Melrose, Scottish Boarders- 156%
- Pickering, North Yorkshire – 124%
- Mablethorpe, Lincolnshire- 119%
- Broadway, Costswolds- 117%
- Callington, Cornwall- 114%
- Sheringham, Norfolk- 108%
- St Davids Peninsula, Pembrokeshire- 108%
- Loch Tay, Perthshire- 105%
- Chesterfield, Derbyshire- 105%
- Wroxham, Norfolk- 97%
- Hunstanton, Norfolk- 97%
- Beadnell, Northumberland- 91%
- Hexham, Northumberland- 90%
- Carlisle, Cumbria- 89%